The Canadian government has promised to legalize weed by Canada Day 2018 and will take another step towards that promise today.
This afternoon around 3pm PT, there will an introduction of a new government bill entitled “An Act respecting cannabis and to amend the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, the Criminal Code and other Acts”.
The introduction comes after the federal government’s final report on marijuana legalization in Canada was released in December 2016. It covered everything from retail sales to possession guidelines and totalled 106 pages.
- Government unveils Canada's pot plan
- You can now trade "WEED" on the TSX thanks to an Ontario-based company
- UBC researchers identify genes that give weed its flavour
- Canada to legalize marijuana by July 1, 2018: according to CBC report
- This weed-infused ice cream takes munchies to the next level
- More than half of Canadians support marijuana legalization (SURVEY)