Do you think of yourself as a classic ‘mr. nice guy’?
If so, you could actually have something called ‘nice guy syndrome’. Yes, this is actually a thing.
If you’re the kind of guy who will do anything for anyone while your own life is in shambles, if you frustrate your partner because you’re afraid of conflict and nothing ever gets resolved – we have some good news for you.
There’s a ManTalks workshop happening at the SFU Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, on September 23, plus a talk taking place at Audi Downtown Vancouver, on Thursday, September 21. And they could seriously help change your life.
ManTalks is partnering up with author of No More Mr. Nice Guy, Dr. Robert Glover, and Connor Beaton to host a talk and also a workshop focused on ‘nice guy syndrome’, where it started and how it holds men back from achieving the results they want in life in terms of relationships, happiness, purpose, fulfilment, and legacy.
So if you’re the guy who wants to get the girl you like, move up in your role at work, take the lead in your friendships, then attending ManTalks is a must.
Tickets to the talk on September 21 cost $40 each and you can order yours via Eventbrite while tickets to the workshop are available for $199 each. And you purchase a ticket to the full-day workshop, you’ll also receive a free ticket to the talk event.
At the workshop you’ll learn how to break free of nice guy syndrome and overcome the following:
- Constantly putting other people’s needs before your own.
- Overcome the anxiety and fear of approaching women.
- Build confidence in asking for what you want in your relationship so you can have better sex, better communication and a deeper more fulfilling connection.
- Learn how to be a leader in your relationship.
- Stop feeling sexually frustrated or repressed.
- Connect with a group of men who can help hold you accountable.
- Claim your life’s purpose and start to take action on what you want to be doing with your life.
- Let go of the need to get permission or validation from others and make strong decisions for yourself and your life.
- Connect deeply to your masculine energy and be able to communicate your desires and wants.
Although the workshop is listed for men only, women can attend the talk section to help them understand the plight of the men in their lives. So if you’re a lady who wants to better support the men in your life, this is definitely worth checking out.
Your event host and author Glover has been working with men and couples for more than 30 years, and is one of the leading therapists for men and couples in North America. He has also helped the lives of men all over the world with No More Mr. Nice Guy, so you’ll want to hear what he has to say.
Make sure to snap up your ticket soon to avoid missing out on this one-of-a-kind event!
Who: Men only
When: September 23, 9 am to 6 pm
Where: SFU Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue – 580 West Hastings Street, Room 420
(enter via Seymour Street courtyard entrance)
Price: $199 – Tickets available via Eventbrite
Who: Open to everyone
When: September 21, 7 to 9 pm
Where: Audi Downtown Vancouver – 1788 West 2nd Avenue
Price: $40 – Tickets available via Eventbrite
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of ManTalks