UBC has just opened its brand new aquatic centre and to celebrate it’s hosting a range of fun events over the next few days.
The new 8,000 square foot metre facility offers Vancouverites aquatics programming for all ages and abilities, plus cheap rates for drop-in swimming.
You can join UBC Athletics and Recreation in making a splash with food, giveaways and aquatics programmes, all happening this week. We’ve compiled a list of activities you can enjoy so you don’t miss out.
Thursday, March 2
- Enjoy the new facility at a discounted drop-in rate of a $5 per swim.
Friday, March 3
- Experience the new UBC Aquatic Centre for just $2 from 7:30 to 10 pm.
- Admission includes access to all Aquatic Centre amenities. This includes lane swimming, hot tub, steam room, and sauna.
Saturday, March 4
- Wibit inflatable obstacle course for children ages eight and up, from 1 to 4:30 pm
- $2 swim, from 4:30 to 10pm. Admission includes access to all aquatic centre amenities. This includes lane swimming, hot tub, steam room, and sauna.
- Finding Nemo Movie night, starting at 7:30 pm. You can pull up a pool noodle for showtime in the 50 metre pool at this family-friendly event.
Sunday, March 5
- $5 public swim from 1 to 6 pm. This public swim is open to all. This includes access to all aquatic centre amenities including; swimming, hot tub, steam room, and sauna.
The new UBC aquatic centre has something for everyone, whether you’re going for Olympic Gold or a casual swim.
When: March 2 to 5
Where: 6080 Student Union Blvd