In a nod to Canada’s 150th birthday celebration this year, Apple has launched a “Made in Canada” section on the iOS App Store, showcasing Canadian app and game developers.
The company has kicked off the series with a look at app and games developed in BC, particularly, Vancouver.
“Much more than majestic mountains, ocean sunsets, and cosmopolitan charm, Vancouver is a hotbed of Canadian innovation and imagination,” reads a description on the iOS App Store’s Made in Canada feature.
“Gaming giant Electronic Arts puts the soccer pitch in our pockets, Plenty of Fish helps us find love, and a host of other West Coast trailblazers work to make our lives healthy, productive, and fun,” it adds.
And for one city, the list is fairly extensive.
Apps and games featured
- The Plenty of Fish dating App has the most free features to help you in your online dating quest.
Share and schedule posts from your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts all from one app. With more than nine million users globally, Hootsuite is the world’s most popular social media management app and is free for up to 3 social network accounts.
- Browse and shop for lululemon gear from anywhere. Be ready for all your sweaty pursuits with technical athletic clothing and accessories for running, cross-training, and yoga.
- The only running app that lets you create routes in seconds and then run them with GPS voice navigation. RunGo also tracks your run stats like time, pace, distance, and elevation. For those who love to travel and explore, RunGo features an extensive library of routes worldwide. Oh and did we mention it doesn’t need data to be turned on while you run?
- A mobile hub for your all personal finances, Koho lets you spend much smarter while eliminating the fees associated with traditional financial institutions.
- Ranked the #1 education app in over 90 countries, Fit Brains Trainer is the only comprehensive brain trainer that can stimulate your IQ and EQ (cognitive & emotional intelligence). Fit Brains Trainer is an award-winning personalized brain games app that challenges you to perform at your best. The system has 60-plus games, 500-plus workout sessions, and in-depth performance reports.
- Timeline puts today’s news in context by creating original, meaningful, and media-rich content that connects past to present in an intuitive and immersive experience
- Generate has become known as the #1 app with the creative community and influencers around going beyond the norm.
- PayByPhone is a simple, secure and convenient way to pay for parking. Pay for parking in just a few seconds, receive reminder messages when your parking is about to expire, and extend your parking session remotely. No coins required.
- This digital story app makes available all three award-winning Bramble Berry Tales: “The Story of Kalkalih,” “The Great Sasquatch,” and “The Little People” come in a single bundle. It’s also the App Store’s Editor’s Choice in 22 Countries.
- Picniic is the family assistant that helps families become more organized, productive, and connected than ever before. Featured as the best family organizer by: CBS, Forbes, USA Today, Time Magazine, Product Hunt, and The Boston Globe.
- Invoice Simple is an invoice app that allows anyone to quickly and accurately create, email, and/or print professional looking estimates, invoices, and receipts with embedded photos at the office and in the field.
- Playing football has never been more exciting than in the new FIFA Mobile! Build and manage your team, go head to head, and keep coming back for daily content.
- In Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked, Wilson finds himself stranded in a tropical archipelago. He must learn to survive all over again in this new environment filled with new biomes, seasons, and creatures. Don’t let the tropical breeze lull you into a false sense of security. You will quickly find these islands are full to the brim with things that want to kill you.
- Split the world with a swipe of your finger and then rearrange it to guide critters back to their spaceship.
- A pure, minimal arcade game about risk, reward, and rollercoasters.
- This game is a blend of plant growing and farming. Grow crops of candies, harvest them from your building, and sell snacks on the open market to develop your town and build your dream farm.
- Lead the mightiest army in the kingdom. Face-off against millions of players, destroy their kingdom, claim new lands, battle ancient monsters, and seize rare items! Join a clan, fight your friends, and dominate in live PVP events!
- Join the kingdom’s brave new heroine Ophelia Shen, along with the legendary heroes of Oz – Tin Man, Lion, and Scarecrow – as they embark on an epic quest to stop the rising evil, restore the balance of magic, and return the kingdom to its rightful glory.
- Arm yourself with deadly assassin sniper weapons, assault rifles, machine guns and the latest military gear to complete covert combat missions deep inside enemy territory.
- Retro City Rampage reimagines the open world crime genre like it’s 1989! Rampage the city, steal cars, or play over 60 story mode missions.