If there’s one thing we know about Kate Middleton (aside from the fact that she married into the British royal family) it’s that the girl has style.
And her jewellery game is ALWAYS on point.
One of Kate’s favourite jewellery designers is Yukon-based Shelley MacDonald. Shelley runs her own business making handmade pieces inspired by Northern Canadian culture and landscapes.
Next month, the designer will be in Vancouver debuting her latest collection ‘Fjall’ at the Make It! Vancouver Market from December 7 to 10. It will be her first show outside of the Yukon so it’s a pretty big deal.
Fjall translates to mountain in Icelandic and Shelley has been designing the collection for the past few months after spending time teaching silversmithing in Iceland. Inspired by the mountains of Iceland and Northern Yukon, each piece in the collection features hand-carved mountain peaks designed to fit the curve and shape of the body.
Now you’ll be able to shop the collection of rings, necklaces, and earrings, carved out of wax and cast in sterling silver, brass, and gold, at Make It!
To celebrate, we’re giving one lucky reader the chance to win prize of handmade pieces by Shelley worth over $300, including the ‘Kate’ earrings, the same style the Duchess of Cambridge wore on her tour of the Yukon! It could be you by entering the contest below.
Tickets to Make It! are on sale now via Picatic costing just $6. Or you can pay $8 in at the door when you arrive at the event.
Now you’ll have the unique opportunity to meet one of Kate Middleton’s favourite jewellery designers at this year’s event. And you could be wearing ‘the’ earrings at the time.
Enter for your chance to win a jewellery prize worth over $300 from Shelley MacDonald.
Your prize includes the following;
- Large Bronze modern Ulu (Kate) earring- $98.00
- Large silver modern Ulu (Kate) earring – $125.00
- Mountain necklace – $148.00
To enter for your chance to win a jewellery prize worth over $300 from Shelley MacDonald, do at least one of the following;
1. Follow Shelley MacDonald on Instagram – @shelley.silversmith and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Like Shelley MacDonald Jewellery Designer on Facebook – @shelleysilversmith and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Leave a comment below telling us why you want to win this prize by Shelley MacDonald. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on December 15, 2017. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
When: December 7 to 10
- Thursday, 7 December: 11 am to 9 pm
- Friday, 8 December: 11 am to 9 pm
- Saturday, 9 December: 10 am to 6 pm
- Sunday 10, December: 11 am to 5 pm
Where: The PNE Forum – 2901 East Hastings Street
Price: $8 at the door | Kids under 12 are free – Tickets available via Picatic