FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Sat, October 22, 7:30pm
Vancouver Opera presents The Pearl Fishers by Georges Bizet October 22, 27 & 30 at Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Vancouver is getting ready to host one of the most highly-anticipated free musical events this summer. And it’s happening in Yaletown.
Let’s Hear It For Yaletown, a vibrant jazz festival curated by Vancity Hot Jazz Society and hosted by Yaletown Business Improvement Association (BIA), will be taking over Bill Curtis Square from Monday, June 24 to Friday, June 28.
This is your chance to hear Canadian hot jazz bands perform live during your lunch break (12 to 2 pm) or after work (5 to 7:30 pm), right in the heart of Yaletown.
There’s also going to be free swing dance lessons taking place so you can hone your two-step skills in between live jazz sessions. Can you think of anything more romantic and hilarious for a date?
Better yet, if you’ve got a wedding or any big events coming up, this is the perfect opportunity to sharpen your jitterbug dance skills, and it won’t cost you a cent. Since the festival is open to all ages, you can bring the kids along, too.
Here’s a look at the stellar jazz lineup you can enjoy during Let’s Hear It for Yaletown:
Monday, June 24: New Orleans Party Jazz
- Noon to 2 pm: Terminal City Brass Band
- 5 to 7:30 pm: Tim Sars Quartet
Tuesday, June 25: Vintage Hot Jazz
- Noon to 2 pm: Milk Crate Bandit
- 5 to 7:30 pm: Phoenix Four with Jim Armstrong
Wednesday, June 26: 1930s Jazz & Blues
- Noon to 2 pm: Josh Roberts Quartet
- 5 to 7:30 pm: Joseph Abbott Swing Team
Thursday, June 27: Django Inspired Gypsy Jazz
- Noon to 2 pm: The Lawless Firm with Michael Dunn
- 5 to 7:30 pm: Djangoesque with Don Ogilvie
Friday, June 28: Swing Era Jazz
- Noon to 2 pm: Bonnie Northgraves Quartet
- 5 to 7:30 pm: Brad Shigeta’s Swingtime Band
When: June 24 to 28
Time: 12 to 2 pm | 5 to 7:30 pm daily
Where: Bill Curtis Square (Canada Line Station at Mainland and Davie)