FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Expect for mesmerizing sights to take over Metropolis at Metrotown.
To celebrate the Lunar New Year, the mall will be hosting more than two weeks of activities to welcome in the Year of the Pig.
The highlight, perhaps, is 399 lanterns that will be taking over the Grand Court. The hundreds of lanterns will act as a backdrop for visitors to take photos with their family or friends.
- Canada ranked #1 country in the world for Quality of Life
- Cineplex to open massive new entertainment centre in downtown Vancouver
- Everything coming to Netflix Canada this February
A handful of other activities will also be taking place, including Chinese calligraphy, lantern making, traditional Chinese Dance performances, and a “travel through Asia” photo booth.
To follow in the New Year tradition of red envelopes, Metropolis at Metrotown will also be giving away lucky red envelopes throughout the day to visitors in the Grand Court, from February 4 to 6.
Recipients will have the chance to win gift cards and other prizes.
Finally, a traditional lion dance will take place on February 6, to help provide the stores with lucky blessings.
A full schedule for Lunar New Year activities is as follows:
- February 1 to 19: Lunar New Year red lantern display
- February 2 to 3: Chinese calligraphy and lantern making workshops
- February 4 to 6: Red envelope giveaways in the Grand Court
- February 6: Lion Dancing
- February 9 to 10: Traditional Chinese dance performances
- February 16 to 18: Travel through Asia photo booth