For many people, Labour Day signifies the last unofficial day of summer. Time is spent at a cabin, in the pool or asking yourself “where did the summer go?”
This year, the statutory holiday takes place on Monday, September 2.
In celebration of the long weekend, many businesses are shut down. But, since nobody wants to be locked outside of Costco on a day off, we’ve put together a list of what’s open and closed this Monday in Vancouver.
Movie theatres are always open throughout the weekend.
Check your local listings.
Spend the long weekend surrounded by sea creatures at the Vancouver Aquarium.
Spend the day immersed in Science! Hours and rates are available online.
- BC Liquor Stores (some open but with reduced hours; some closed)
- Private liquor stores (regular hours)
- Select branches of the Vancouver Public Library are open. Exact hours, times, and locations are listed here.
- Community centres throughout the city may have various operating hours, and while many are closed, some do remain open. The best way to find out what’s open closest to you is by visiting the city’s website, which features all the exact hours of operation for all facilities.
- All golf courses are open
- All major banks are closed on Labour Day
- All government offices closed
- All Canada Post locations are closed, except privately operated post offices, which might open according to the hours of the host business.