Chilling out on your patio with a glass of wine in hand as the sun goes down just sounds like the perfect summer plan. Plus, you can go the extra mile when you’ve got friends over by making simple, elevated cocktails with New Zealand’s Kim Crawford Wines.
Wait, before we get into the cocktails, Kim Crawford Wines is giving one Daily Hive reader and a friend the chance to win the ultimate lunch package (worth over $1,000). You’ll get to dine 100 feet above Vancouver with incredible views, a four-course meal paired with Kim Crawford Wines, and more. Enter the contest below for your chance to win this unforgettable experience!
Now, if you haven’t attempted to make these wine cocktails yet, prepare to be delighted.
Rosé epitomizes elegant summer wine and you can take it to the next level with the Kim de ca créme cocktail. It’s easy to make and one that will convince your friends that you’re a pro mixologist.
What you’ll need:
- 1 bottle Kim Crawford Rosé, well chilled
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Club soda
- 1 carton vanilla ice cream
- Edible flowers to garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the strawberries and sugar. Cover and let sit for 30 to 90 minutes, mixing occasionally. Divide the strawberries and any juices between five rocks glasses, add wine and a splash of club soda.
- Top with a generous scoop of ice cream. Garnish with your favorite edible flowers.
There’s always at least one lover of matcha tea in a group and the matcha tea-ser summer cocktail will blow their mind.
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder (single serving)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Gold leaf for garnish
- Whisk matcha powder with water using bamboo whisk until smooth.
- Mix Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc with sugar. Combine tea and wine mixture.
- Garnish with gold leaf.
Of course, if it’s a hot day you’ll want a frozen beverage to keep you cool. Introducing everyone’s new favourite – the rosé mimosa.
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp water
- 1 bottle Kim Crawford Rosé
- 1/2 bottle Ruffino Prosecco
- 8 rosemary sprigs to garnish
- In a small saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil. Simmer for five minutes until dissolved.
- Cool and mix in the Kim Crawford Rosé.
- Freeze in a loaf pan, breaking up occasionally till frozen solid.
- Process in batches in a food processor till smooth then freeze again until firm.
- Scoop into coupe glasses and pour over Prosecco.
Enter for your chance to win the following prize courtesy of Kim Crawford Wines.
- An exclusive lunch for two in the sky on Saturday, July 28, hosted by Kim Crawford Wines (tickets valued at approximately $500 per guest).
- An all-inclusive double-pass for you and a friend which includes SUV transfers to and from downtown to the event location, canapés in the VIP lounge, and a three-course meal paired with Kim Crawford Wines.
- A bottle of your favourite wine to take home and the unforgettable memories of dining 100 feet above Vancouver.
To enter for your chance to win the prize listed above, courtesy of Kim Crawford Wines, do at least one of the following:
1. Like Kim Crawford Wines on Facebook– @kimcrawfordwines and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Follow Kim Crawford Wines on Instagram – @kimcrawfordwine and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Follow Daily Hive Mapped on Instagram – @mappedxdh and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm PT on July 8, 2018. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.