We never really noticed Kerry Washington until she stared in Scandal. Now we just adore her! And her fab partial updo is a hairstyle we definitely want to copy.
This polished hair look was created by celebrity stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew. “I made the look fresh and beachy, with a left part, volume on top and back, and sides sleekly pulled back to frame the face. The hair was styled to fall forward on the left side,” said Sturdivant-Drew.
Sturdivant-Drew shares with us how she coiffed Kerry Washington’s hair using HairArt tools and Neutrogena products.
How to get Kerry Washington’s Partial Updo
- “I started with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo and Neutrogena Triple Repair Conditioner, which Kerry uses every day for a really nice shine and healthy condition.“
- “I then blow dried the hair using a HairArt H3000 Dryer 1800 using a vent brush, pulling hair up and away to give it texture. I like this dryer because it is lightweight, gets hot but not too hot, and leaves the hair looking smooth.”
- “Next I used HairArt H3000 Heat Brush Pro to created volume at the roots, especially in the crown area.”
- “I pulled hair on right side tight and pinned, then did the same on the left, adding a bit more height at the crown for balance and volume, then pinned.”
- “Finally, I used a HairArt iTech Infrared 450 Flat Iron to separate the ends and create subtle suggestion of a wave without any curl.”
We love this hair look and can’t wait to recreate it at home!
What do you think of this partial updo?