A new mixed-use development at the intersection of Kingsway and Gladstone Street could provide the much-needed catalyst for revitalizing the Norquay Village neighbourhood and retail strip.
Kensington Gardens Carnival: Saturday, November 23
Next Saturday, November 23, Kensington Gardens (2220 Kingsway) will be hosting a major on-site carnival at Kingsway and Gladstone to celebrate the opening of its display home.
From noon to 4 p.m., there will be various activities for the entire family including an on-site food truck festival, magic shows, hoops and silks acrobatic performances by Blink-Acro, live music performances by the Famous Players Band and local rising star Kuba Oms, face painting, balloon twisting, appearances by legendary Canucks goalie Kirk McLean, Miss Chinese Pageant Contestants and local radio personalities, and more!
A New Community
With the recent completions of The Eldorado one block east on Nanaimo Street and King Edward Village further west on Knight Street, Kensington Gardens will be Kingsway’s newest significant addition and is a sign of the area’s vitality and potential.
This is an unprecedented level of luxury and quality development for the area for the first time ever.
Designed by Vancouver’s Henriquez Partners Architects and developed by Westbank Corporation, Kensington Gardens is located on a 2.3 acre site that was previously the site of a Canadian Tire store.
The development will feature 404 residential units spread over three towers. For those seeking more privacy, townhouse residential options will be available along the site’s East 30th Avenue perimeter.
All areas of the complex will be interconnected by a podium that will house retail including a major grocery store.
The project will bring some new features not seen elsewhere in Vancouver including an elevated garden courtyard with amenities such as a large seasonal outdoor pool, multi-media lounge, urban orchard, fitness centre with hot tub, sauna and steam, BBQ area, Asian-inspired park, public art and children’s play area.
It will set a new standard for sustainability in the neighbourhood with its green rooftops, rainwater storage for landscaping irrigation, and communal fruit trees, herbs, berries and vegetables.
- Custom solid wood suite entry doors
- Granite stone threshold
- Elegant wide-plank engineered wood flooring in brushed oak throughout main living spaces
- Carpeting in private quarters
- Sleek roller-style shades on all windows
- GE front-loading washer and dryer
- Open balconies or terraces for each home
- Central air conditioning
- Choice of four kitchen colour schemes
- German imported Nobilia cabinetry
- Under-cabinet lighting
- Top-of-the-line appliances
- Miele stainless steel gas cooktop, wall oven (select homes), and custom hoodfan
- Blomberg built-in fridge and freezer with custom panel finish for an integrated contemporary look
- Blomberg fully integrated stainless steel dishwasher
- Panasonic microwave
- Convenient in-sink waste disposal system
- Durable corian countertop
- Striking backpainted glass tile backsplash
- Stainless steel sink with polished chrome faucet
- German imported Nobilia vanity cabinetry
- Quartz vanity countertop and backsplash
- Custom mirrored medicine cabinet above vanity for added storage
- Distinctive porcelain tile flooring
- Matte glaze ceramic shower and bathroom wall tile on wet wall
- Grohe shower arm and faucet with Grohsafe Universal pressure balance valve
- Tempered glass shower enclosures
- Acritec bathtub
- Duravit one-piece toilet designed by Philippe Starck
- Duravit undermount sink designed by Philippe Starck
- Modern chrome accessories
- Secure underground parking and bike storage
- Outdoor courtyard, lounge, play space and urban orchard
- Private seasonal lap pool and hot tub
- Barbecue area with outdoor fireplace
- Indoor fitness facility
- Multi-purpose lounge
- Multimedia lounge
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.