Bullying is a serious problem in society, both in person and online. A 1999 study on bullying by UBC, based on 490 students (half female, half male) in Grades 8 to 10 in a B.C. city showed:
- 12% were bullied regularly (once or more a week)
- 72% observed bullying at school at least once in a while
- 64% considered bullying a normal part of school life
In today’s digitally enhanced world, the Internet provides new avenues for bullying. A 2011 study showed:
- 25% of kids between 12 to 15 have witnessed cyber-bullying
- 51% of all teens have had negative experience with social networking
- 16% said someone posted an embarrassing photo of them
KB-ONE Martial Arts takes a very aggressive stance against bullying, in all its pathetic forms.
On September 20, from 1 to 3 p.m., KB-ONE Martial Arts is hosting a FREE Anti-Bullying/Self Defense seminar for 50 lucky entrants. David Edwards from Kombat Arts in Mississauga, Ontario has been assigned to aid given his 10 years’ experience with youth martial arts. At the conclusion of the seminar, one attendee will receive a three-month scholarship to KB-ONE Martial Arts ($900 value), which includes:
- 3 classes/week; 64 classes
- Up to 4 instructional classes
- Saturday Fitness Classes
- Gym Use
- Nutritional advice from Trainers
- Personal training not included
Here’s how to sign up for the FREE anti-bullying seminar:
- Like KB-ONE on Facebook: www.facebook.com/KB.One.MMA
- Tweet the following: “Join @KBOneMMA in the fight to conquer bullying!”
- Send an email to [email protected] and include your age, name and phone number to secure your spot.
With a heavy emphasis on traditional morals and being well rounded to achieve the status of a “real martial-artist”, self-defence and anti-bullying are areas in which Kru Mehdi and the KB-One staff works together with the parents of students.
KB-ONE Martial Arts is a North Vancouver establishment founded by Mehdi Pouroskoui – 3-time World Muay Thai Champion. KB-One’s team of certified instructors utilize a fully equipped martial arts training studio to achieve maximum performance and results of all levels.
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.