Judge Dee & The Chinese Garden Murders is a haunted house like no other in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown. It is not for the young of faint of heart. From October 24 to the 31st, The Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden will be transformed into a spooky haunted house with over 30 actors, dancers and musicians — to create a roving murder mystery haunted house experience.
Audiences brave the narrow pathways of the Chinese Garden while actors scare and interact with them along the way. The show is inspired by Robert Van Gulik’s classic Judge Dee Chinese detective novels: In addition to being duly freaked, by picking up on clues along the way, the audience can help Judge Dee solve the crime in the end. Last year’s inaugural production was an amazing success, there was nothing in town like it, and they are back for a second spooktacular year.
Dates: October 24 – 31, 2012
Where: At the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden (578 Carall Street)
Open: 7 – 10 pm
Tickets: Adults: $12; Students: $10
The organizers (Seven Tyrants) will be giving audience members a chance to ENTER THE CAVE. That’s right – the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Garden’s Tai Hu rock cave is a little-known local wonder and possibly the creepiest place in Vancouver after dark. Normally off limits to visitors of the museum, Judge Dee audience members will be invited to upgrade their ticket for the very rare chance to enter the cave, where they will meet “The Vampire of Lan-Fang”.
So how does it work?
1. Pick you Judge Dee date, and purchase tickets at the door, or via telephone (604.622.3207)
2. Show up any time between 7 pm and 10 pm. Audiences (up to 10) are let in every 10 minutes.
3. Enjoy! The experience is about 30 minutes in length — but you’re ticket is good for the whole night so if you make it out alive, you can always line up again to re-enter.
We’re giving away three (3) pair of tickets to the event. Three winners will be selected at random and their names will be held at will call. To enter, all you have to do is the following:
1. Retweet the following:
- Win tix to #JudgeDee and the Chinese Garden Murders via @cwistal http://ow.ly/ekUj7 RT to Enter!
2. Tell us your favourite Halloween candy. Please remember to either leave your twitter handle or full name in the comment so we can contact you easily.
3. Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VCBuzz
Contest end October 15, 2012.