Celebrate what’s interesting in your community with Interesting Vancouver this November.
Interesting Vancouver is a local group that brings together speakers and community members to celebrate ordinary people doing extraordinary things. This is its ninth annual event, and every year is a different experience.
Don’t expect a schedule or networking opportunities at this conference as the group’s website specifically says “there is no theme, no organizing principle save ‘Things that are Interesting.'”
That’s clear from the list of speakers at this year’s event. From an aeronautic engineer who likes building models to a videographer dedicated to stop trophy hunting, there’s a little bit of everything.
Interesting Vancouver 2016’s speakers include:
- Vanessa Richards, founder of Woodward’s Community Singers
- Kelly “Claire” Berge, single mother and paranormal investigator
- Maarten Meerman, aeronautic engineer and miniature sculpture creator
- Inder Nirwan, filmaker with a passion for protecting BC’s grizzly bears
- Tristan Underwood, competitive kite flyer and circus artist
- Gaby Eirew, grief counsellor and app creator
- Lisa Charleyboy, First Nations writer and social entrepreneur
- Tom Carter, artist dedicated to preserving Vancouver’s theatre district
- Dusty Hagerud, co-founder of the Vancouver International Puppet Festival
- Vi An Diep, trans woman who improvises music on an ancient Asian instrument
Interesting Vancouver also offers a prize for someone in Metro Vancouver who’s pursuing something interesting. The group received a number of nominations this year, and the winner will be announced at the 2016 event.
Tickets are $28 and available online.
Interesting Vancouver 2016
When: November 10, 6 to 10 pm
Where: SFU Woodwards, 149 West Hastings Street
Price: $28. Buy tickets online
Daily Hive Vancouver is a proud media sponsor of Interesting Vancouver.