As we say goodbye to 2018, we are saying goodbye to a year filled with Heart Love giphy stickers, Heart Eyes Face Filter in Stories, and 14 billion uses of the heart emoji ❤️ in comments.
That’s a whole lotta love in 2018.
Instagram has released its 2018 Year in Review, and hearts and happiness are certainly a common theme. This may have something to do with Instagram being our highlight reel, but we like to think it was just a good year overall. 😊❤️😍.
Here’s a summary of 2018 in the world of Instagram:
- Most Used Face Filter in Instagram Stories: Heart Eyes
- Most Used Giphy Sticker on Instagram Stories: Heart Love Sticker by Arata
- Number of times ❤️ was used in comments: 14 billion
- Happiest Geotagged Location in the World (highest use of 😊 in the caption): Disneyland Tokyo
- Top Niche Community Trend: ASMR
- Highest Growth Hashtag Community: #fortnite
- Top Fandom Community: BTS (#btsarmy)
- Top Dance Movement: #inmyfeelingschallenge
- Top Advocacy Hashtags: #metoo (1.5 million), #timesup (597K), #marchforourlives (562K)