Las Vegas-based band Imagine Dragons will take to the stage at this year’s 102nd Grey Cup halftime show held at Vancouver’s BC Place Stadium.
The Canadian Football League’s championship match is scheduled for November 30 at BC Place Stadium, culminating five days of pre-game festivities in the city.
“We’re thrilled to be coming to the Grey Cup to entertain CFL fans in Vancouver and right across Canada,” said the Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds (vocals). “Canada has supported us from the beginning so it’s always exciting to go back.”
The Grammy Award-winning band previously performed in Vancouver in February at Rogers Arena. They were also in the city in 2013, playing at the Commodore Ballroom.
Imagine Dragons attained popular success following the 2012 release of their debut full length studio album Night Visions, with 2x platinum selling single “It’s Time”, 7x platinum follow-up “Radioactive” and the 5x platinum “Demons”. Rolling Stone proclaimed Imagine Dragons “the biggest breakout of the year” and Entertainment Weekly called 2013 the “Year of the Dragons.
The Grey Cup will be broadcast live at 3 p.m. PST on TSN and RDS in Canada and on ESPN2 in the United States.
Grey Cup Halftime Performance History
- Vancouver 2005: The Black Eyed Peas
- Winnipeg 2006: Nelly Furtado
- Toronto 2007: Lenny Kravitz
- Montreal 2008: Theory of a Deadman, Suzie McNeil and Andree Watters
- Calgary 2009: Blue Rodeo
- Edmonton 2010: Bachman & Turner
- Vancouver 2011: Nickelback
- Toronto 2012: Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen, Marianas Trench and Gordon Lightfoot
- Regina 2013: Hedley and the Sheepdogs
- Vancouver 2014: Imagine Dragons
Feature Image: Imagine Dragons via Shutterstock