IKEA Canada is now offering a “Curbside Click and Collect” service at locations across the country, meaning contactless curbside pick-up for customers.
The new service excludes store locations in Quebec. There, the offering will launch on May 11, with no service available on Sundays, to reflect local regulations.
For a flat rate of $5, the service allows customers to order items online and pick them up at the store location of their choice, in a safe, contact-free way.
During pickups, customers don’t need to leave vehicles until their products are brought to them directly.
- See also:
After placing your order and before heading to the store, watch out for a “Your Order is Ready” confirmation email from IKEA. “Curbside Click and Collect” runs through a three-step process, as outlined below:
1. Stop at the greeter station and confirm your order number with a staff member. They’ll assign you a parking space number, and ask you to proceed to the Click and Collect Parking zone.
2. Head over to the Click & Collect Parking zone and park in the location assigned to you.
3. Wait in your vehicle until an employee brings your order to a spot nearby you. You will then be asked to show ID through your window. The staff member will then step aside to ensure physical distancing, and then you can leave your vehicle to load your goods.
If you require help loading a large item, you can request that from the employee. They will assist, following careful guidelines to ensure safety for both parties.
Operating hours for this service will vary by store location, and are subject to change. Pick-up times are available to select at checkout — you can find out what times are available at your nearest store here.
Working in line with recommendations from local governments and health authorities, the Curbside Click and Collect service includes the following health and safety measures:
- A completely contactless exchange between staff and customer
- Enhanced physical distancing protocol across all operations
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff
- Rigorous sanitization and cleaning of units and surfaces including loading carts, after every use