It turns out that finding ethical and healthy tea is easier than you thought.
Located in Victoria, Level Ground Trading distributes aromatic organic loose leaf tea. But this isn’t just normal tea, and that’s because it’s harvested without the use of chemicals. This Fairtrade tea is cultivated by economically disadvantaged farmers in Assam, India – by buying it you ensure they’re paid a fair price for all their hard work.
But don’t hop on to a ferry to grab your own. Now you can find it just by dropping into the closest Overwaitea or Save On Foods. It’s an easy and brilliant solution for those who want sustainable, ethical, Fairtrade, organic, and local tea.
We’ve included a recipe to help you make some refreshing iced tea this summer, using Level Ground Trading’s Fairtrade black tea.
Iced Black Tea recipe
- 1 heaped tbsp Level Ground Black Tea
- 1/3 cup Level Ground cane sugar
- 2 litres water
- 1 litre mason jar
- 2 litre serving jug
- Combine black tea, sugar and one litre boiling water in a mason jar
- Steep for four minutes (or longer)
- Pour through strainer into jug
- Add cold water to fill the jug
- Add sliced lemons
- Refrigerate and enjoy!