Supporting local retailers is more important than ever. That’s why HUB Cycling is hosting its Shop Local Challenge, encouraging its thousands of participants to show that “bikes support local businesses.”
The campaign takes place from now until August 28, and participating has never been easier. Hub Cycling has partnered with dozens of local businesses across Downtown Vancouver and Richmond to offer goodies to participants.
All cyclists have to do is register (it’s free), stop by any of the participating businesses, and receive benefits like free bike safety checks, ice cream, drink specials, and more.
So what exactly can participants cash in on when visiting local businesses? Here’s a quick look at some of the incentives:
- Free 15-minute bike safety checks at MEC, plus free Cliff bars
- A free small brewed coffee and mini cookie at plant-based bakery Bonus Bakery
- Free drip coffee or Americanos at SMAK Healthy Food’s three downtown locations
- Two-for-one cocktail happy hours specials and 15% off lunch at Hydra Vancouver
- A complimentary beverage and treat from Kwantlen Farmers Market’s artisan bakers
- Free 120 ml Kombucha pours at Faculty Brewing, as well as a buy-three-one-free special
And there are plenty more deals and giveaways being added daily. For up-to-date details on HUB Cycling’s Shop Local Challenge and participants, visit their website.
Keep in mind that you’ll have to register for HUB Cycling and Bike to Shop to redeem these offers, and to practice safe cycling and adequate physical distancing when possible.
When: August 24 to 28, 2020
Where: Any bike-friendly businesses participating in the challenge
Daily Hive is a proud media partner of HUB Cycling and the Shop Local Challenge