Vancouver’s HootSuite, the world’s most widely adopted social relationship platform, achieved key milestones in the fourth quarter of 2013. More than 75% of Fortune 1000 companies now use HootSuite for social media management, social marketing, social customer service, and social selling. Customers include PepsiCo, Virgin, FOX, Sony Music, and WWF. Roots Canada, Avis Budget Group, Inc., and Allianz Insurance PLC became customers this past quarter.
Not too shabby for a Vancouver based company.
Highlights for Q4, 2013 via Hootsuite:
- Increased revenue from Enterprise customers by 110% when compared with same quarter last year, with 200 new customers this quarter
- Added 207 new Solution Partners to the HootSuite Solution Partner Program, which now has almost 2000 participants
- Graduated HootSuite University’s 9,000th HootSuite Certified Professional
- Partnered with Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications to offer an Advanced Social Media Strategy certification program. Early participants included representatives from Google, Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Coors Light™, Edelman, Florida Panthers, and others
- Hosted second #HootHire open house and job fair, attracting close to 1200 candidates for 100+ positions
- Launched HootSuite System Status site for customers and stakeholders with up-to-date information on status of HootSuite product functionalities
- Celebrated HootSuite’s 5th anniversary
- Major update to the Hootlet Chrome Extension
HootSuite’s Enterprise solution experienced significant growth with more than 700 new customers in 2013, including 61 Enterprise customers in the APAC region and 298 customers in the EMEA region.
HootSuite experienced tremendous employee growth in 2013 too, growing from 70 staff in early 2012 and closing out the year with almost 400 staff. HootSuite’s Talent team onboards an average of ten new hires each week. HootSuite is looking to fill an additional 100 new job postings across all regions in early 2014.
In Q4, HootSuite launched a first-of-its-kind integration with IBM Connections, an enterprise software platform for social collaboration. This integration allows users to view and take action on IBM Connections content from within the HootSuite dashboard.
The company also announced a major update to the Hootlet Chrome Extension, which now includes integrations to Google search, Google Maps, Yelp, and YouTube. The new Hootlet offers versatile and simple functionality for social media practitioners to research, share, and post content to the HootSuite dashboard without leaving the browser.
HootSuite’s fourth quarter saw 14 additions to the HootSuite App Directory, includin gFoursquare for Business, Demographics Pro for Twitter, Sina Weibo Analytics, App.net, Cashie Commerce, LikeHack, Reputology, and major updates to Nimble and Chartbeat. New installs of HootSuite’s 80 extensions and applications grew 140% since 2012.
“2013 was a tremendous year for HootSuite,” says Ryan Holmes, CEO of HootSuite. ’“As social media continues to penetrate the business world, we will continue to see greater adoption of our Enterprise offering across large-scale global organizations in 2014. I’m thrilled to be on this trajectory of growth with our partners and clients in social business.”
Via Hootsuite Media Desk