Although home sales this March were the lowest they’ve been in nearly four decades, Vancouver’s real estate market remains a hot commodity.
So we probably don’t have to get you excited about the prospect of owning a $2.3 million lottery home in Olympic Village. But this year, there’s an even bigger reason to enter to win the draw of the Hometown Heroes Lottery.
Funds raised for the annual lottery, run by the Vancouver General Hospital and UBC Hospital Foundation, will go towards supporting specialized adult health services and research at VGH and UBC Hospital, as well as supporting healthcare and essential workers.
In a press release announcing ticket sales, the hospital foundation said, “for years, lottery funds have helped ensure that medical teams in BC have the tools and equipment they need to save lives.” The release notes that now is the time to “thank our front line workers, first responders, doctors, nurses, and all our health-care heroes.”
Angela Chapman, president and CEO of VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation, says, “In recent weeks our front line health care staff have devoted themselves to preparing to care for COVID-19 patients. They are also ensuring that people can continue to access care to meet their urgent medical needs.”
Tickets for the Hometown Heroes Lottery not only go towards a great cause, but will put you in the running to win one of nine grand prizes, including brand new homes in White Rock, Kelowna, Abbotsford, and Penticton. This year, the lottery has announced that you’ll also have a chance to win a two-bedroom penthouse in Olympic Village. You read that right.
If you win the Olympic Village package, not only will you win a brand new apartment, but also:
- $50,000 cash for furnishings and electronics
- 2020 Tesla Model 3
- European Escape Travel Gift Card
- PLUS $250,000 cash
Here’s a sneak peek into what could be your new two-bedroom penthouse in Olympic Village:
If you’d like to enter to win this beautiful home in the heart of Vancouver (plus plenty of other prizes), be sure to enter before the final draw on Thursday, July 23, 2020.
And by getting in early for the following early bird deals, you’ll not only have a chance to win thousands of prizes and the 50/50 PLUS jackpot (the jackpot could reach up to $2.2 million, and the winner takes half). Mark your calendar, deadlines differ with each prize.
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid (OR $22,000 cash) — Deadline: Midnight, Friday, May 22, 2020
- Appliance Package from Midland Appliance PLUS $5,000 cash OR 2020 Honda HR-V LX 4WD OR $24,000 cash — Deadline: Midnight, Friday, June 5, 2020
- $30,000 La-Z-Boy Furniture and Design Package OR 2020 Honda Insight Hybrid OR $26,000 cash — Deadline: Midnight, Friday, June 19, 2020
- 2020 Tesla Model 3s OR $120,000 Vacation Package ($100,000 in Travel Gift Cards PLUS $20,000 cash) OR $100,000 cash — Deadline: Midnight, Friday, July 10, 2020
Visit Hometown Heroes Lottery now to get your tickets before the early bird deadlines. You could be living that luxe life before you even know it.