Vancouver Police are warning the public that 44-year-old Trevor Leonard Smith, a convicted federal offender, has completed his sentence and is residing in Vancouver.
In a release the VPD stated that Smith poses a high risk for committing violence against women and sexual offences against children.
Smith is convicted of sexual assault, possession of child pornography, accessing child pornography, assault causing bodily harm, and failure to comply with a recognizance.
“The Correctional Services of Canada has assessed Smith at a very high risk of relationship violence and a high risk of sexual violence against others, specifically children,” VPD said in a release issued Friday.
Smith is described as white, 5’10”, 170 lbs., with grey hair and blue eyes. He sometimes maintains a salt-and-pepper-coloured beard.
Smith is bound by court-ordered conditions, which include:
- Not to be at any place where children and/or youth under the age of 16 years are present or can reasonably be expected;
- No contact, direct or indirect, with children and/or youth 16 years of age or under,
report relationships and friendships with females;
- Not to consume or possess alcohol or drugs;
- Not to enter any bar, tavern, liquor store, beer and/or wine store;
- Not to use or possess a computer system, including handheld device allowing unsupervised internet access.
Anyone who sees Trevor Leonard Smith in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1 immediately.