A sex offender believed to be a high risk to re-offend has been released from custody and is living in North Delta, say police.
Jared Edward Harris, 39, has an extensive criminal history, including assault with weapon, an indecent act, invitation to sexual touching, and breaches of court orders.
Harris is described a a Caucasian man, five feet 10 inches tall, weighing 174 pounds, with brown eyes, short brown hair and a beard/goatee.
According to the release, Harris is subject to several conditions and is being monitored closely by Delta Police and the Provincial Probation services.
Those conditions are:
- No contact, direct or indirect, with anyone under 16, except as necessary for a commercial transaction in a place of business.
- Must not attend a public park or swimming area where persons under 16 are present or are expected to be present, or a daycare centre, school ground, or playground.
- Must not enter any liquor store, beer and/or wine store, or business whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages.
- Must not consume or possess alcohol or any controlled substances as listed in the Controlled Drug and Substances Act excluding prescription medication
- Must live where directed by the Bail Supervisor.
If you see Harris breaching any of these conditions, please contact Delta Police at 604-946-4411.