This interactive heat map shows where Lower Mainland real estate is priciest
Sure, a single-family home anywhere in Metro Vancouver is pricey, but have you ever wondered just how your neighbourhood – or city – stacks up compared to others across the region?
If so, then a new heat map from estateblock.com might be just what you’re looking for.
The team at Estate Block – a Real Estate Search Engine for Metro Vancouver – recently spent a couple of days creating “super-detailed” interactive heat maps of Lower Mainland 2018 Real Estate Prices.
The information was broken down to neighbourhoods and type of property, to allow everyone to get a glimpse at the current housing price situation.
The team found that overall, the 10 most expensive single-family neighbourhoods are:
1. $5.66M – Shaughnessy, Vancouver West
2. $5.34M – Whitby Estates, West Vancouver
3. $5.25M – University VW, Vancouver West
4. $4.25M – Canterbury WV, West Vancouver
5. $3.83M – South Granville, Vancouver West
6. $3.71M – Westhill, West Vancouver
7. $3.69M – Chartwell, West Vancouver
8. $3.56M – West Bay, West Vancouver
9. $3.54M – Quilchena, Vancouver West
10. $3.49M – Southlands, Vancouver West
The 10 least expensive single-family neighbourhoods are:
1. $449K – Dewdney Deroche, Mission
2. $537K – Pender Harbour Egmont, Sunshine Coast
3. $549K – Bridgeview, North Surrey
4. $559K – Durieu, Mission
5. $562K – Sechelt District, Sunshine Coast
6. $602K – Halfmoon Bay Secret Cv Redroofs, Sunshine Coast
7. $649K – Mission BC, Mission
8. $655K – Northyards, Squamish
9. $658K – Gibsons & Area, Sunshine Coast
10. $666K – Hatzic, Mission
Have a look at the various price-points and properties and determine where yours stacks up.