The annual VPSN Halloween SkyTrain Party returns for its ninth instalment on Friday, October 31, 2014.
Gather your friends, get your scariest and sassiest costumes together, and get ready to jump on the Canada Line for public transit experience like no other. Your mission: help transform a regular ol’ train ride into a bit of Halloween magjic.
The night of transit terror includes:
- On-deck action and a spankingly awesome soundtrack courtesy of DJ Rocky Fi$her – Soundcloud | Facebook)
- Snappy decorations, tasty treats
- An after-party at a nearby public space
- The best-dressed crew of public space loving ghouls and goblins on the continent
Visit their VPSN website or Facebook Event Page for important information.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Meet on the train platform at Waterfront Station. We will be leaving shortly after 8:00pm, so don’t be late.
Your price of admission? A $2.75 transit ticket, or your U-pass. ( Kids, high school students and 65+ = $1.75). This event is all about celebrating transit, so please remember to buy a transit ticket. | Fare Details
TransLink has asked us to pass this along: racing between trains at stops can be a real safety issue, so please try to respect that. (Actually, in general, be cool, ’cause we DO want to make sure we’re able to keep throwing these parties well into the future!)
- We’ll be making stops at every station between Waterfront and Richmond Brighouse. We’ll also be picking up people along the way who will probably have no idea what’s going on. Please be your hospital Halloween best and invite them in to join in the fun.
- If you see one of the Canada Line staff crew, or TransLink officer, please give ‘em a high five. These fine folks do a lot to make sure that this event runs smoothly. We’re grateful for that.
The arfter-party: Once we return to Waterfront Station, we will doing a quick-shift of venues and moving the party one-block south to a covered public space.
Halloween SkyTrain Party 2014
Date: Friday, October 31, 2014
When: 8:00 p.m.
Where: Starting point at Waterfront Station
As always remember to party respectfully, please. Keep this in mind as you party it up in public space. This means:
- buy a ticket; don’t fare evade
- clean up any garbage
- don’t vandalize
- don’t be a jerk; respect all passengers
- no open alcohol
Feature Image by [email protected]