This weekend at the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival you’ll find a range of delicious food to eat and a great selection of healthy foods with a prominent emphasis on locally-sourced products.
Vancouver is spoiled with many talented chefs and restaurants that focus on locally sourced foods straight from the farm. The Pomme Natural Market Taste and Talk stage features Alana Peckham, one of Vancouver’s top chefs who is dedicated to fresh and local ingredients. Co-hosted by Health Wellness & Lifestyle TV host and Pomme Natural Market representative Tammy-Lynn McNabb the two will be creating a healthy dish to discuss with participants and provide samples of their culinary creation.
“Healthy eating doesn’t have to taste bad,” reminds McNabb, who promises a top quality dish that is nutritious and delicious.
Pomme Natural Market is one of the leading grocery stores in the local food movement and is passionate about food which is why they’ve teamed up with Chef Peckham for this series. “Pomme wants to help their customers make the best choices” explains their Dietician Areli Hermanson. “We’re contributing to the health of our community.”
You can check out the Pomme Taste and Talk stage at:
- Saturday May 2 12:00-12:30pm
- Sunday May 3 11:00-11:30am
For those interested in learning and more from the top chefs in the local food movement and tasting their creations, you can also purchase tickets to the following Taste and Talk series:
- Friday May 1 3:00-3:30 – Executive Chef Joël Watanabe, Bao Bei
- Friday May 1 4:00-4:30 – Executive Chef Ned Bell, Yew Seafood and Bar
- Friday May 1 5:00-5:30 – Executive Chef Chris Whittaker, Forage
- Friday May 1 6:00-6:30 – Executive Chef Jonathan Chovancek, Cafe Medina
- Saturday May 2 3:00-3:30 – Executive Chef Trevor Bird, Fable Kitchen
- Saturday May 2 5:00 -Executive Chef Ned Bell, Yew Seafood and Bar
- Sunday May 2 12:00-12:30 -Executive Chef Ned Bell, Yew Seafood and Bar
- Sunday May 2 1:00-1:30 -Executive Chef Andrea Carlson, Burdock & Co
A full schedule of events can be found here.
May is Celiac Awareness Month, and expect to see many products that appeal to people with celiac disease and gluten intolerances. Pomme Natural Market, Summer Fresh, Qujos, Saman Bakery, Spolumbos, Taste of Nature all have products that are gluten free. Remember that products with a ‘gluten free’ label are not necessarily healthy foods. Be sure to check the ingredient labels on products to keep an eye out for added sugars, poor quality oils and additives.
Above all, enjoy the delicious tastes and creations at this year’s EAT! Vancouver.
Vancity Buzz is proud to be the exclusive online media sponsor of EAT! Vancouver