If it seems like there’s just not enough solid shredding hours in the day, then why not hit the slopes all night long during a special event at Grouse Mountain next month?
Yes, for one weekend only, Grouse Mountain is once again opening its doors all day and all night for its annual 24 Hours of Winter event.
Taking place from February 17 to 18, 2018, those who attend the event can dance or skate the night away under starry skies as DJs spin your favourite tracks. Glide down The Cut while taking in a spectacular Vancouver sunrise or enjoy one of the many round-the-clock activities.
Some of the activities include:
- Light Walk (Dusk to 10 pm, Saturday & Sunday): Walk around Blue Grouse Lake where stunning light installations bring radiance to the winter night.
- Sliding Zone (noon-8pm Saturday & Sunday): Snow level and weather permitting.
- Theatre in the Sky (9:30 am to 9:30 pm Saturday & Sunday)
- Ziplining (12 pm to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday. Tours leaving at 12 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm, 5 pm) Book through Guest Services.
- Eye of the Wind (11 am to 3 pm. Tours leaving at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm) Book through Guest Services. Rates apply.
When it comes to where to eat and drink, there will be plenty of choice as well:
- Grouse Grind Coffee Bar (8 am Saturday to 10p m Sunday): Alcohol-free zone entire weekend. Short closure from 7 am to 8 am Sunday.
- Lupins Cafe: Alcohol-free zone from 10 pm on Saturday to 11 am on Sunday. Breakfast items served 7 am to 10 am Sunday morning, with a closure between 10 am and 11 am.
- Altitudes Bistro will feature a live DJ on Saturday night beginning at 10 pm and going until 3 am Sunday morning. Brunch is served on Sunday from 7 am to 10 am.
While the event has ben announced and more details are expected as the weekend draws closer, organizers are reminding people that the schedule is subject to change. Check Grouse Mountain’s website for further details.