Opening day: June 11, 2011.
Take a 15 minute drive outside downtown Vancouver to North Vancouver to hike the Grouse Grind and reach atop the peak of Vancouver. Locals who frequent The Grind swear by its health benefits. One word of advice to first timers, pace yourself.
- Length: 2.9 kilometres (1.8 miles)
- Elevation Gain: 853 metres (2,800 feet)
- Base: 274 metres above sea level (900 feet)
- Summit: 1,127 metres (3,700 feet)
- Total Stairs: 2,830
- Statistics: Annually, over 100,000 people hike the Grind
Follow Georgia Street through Stanley Park and across the Lion’s Gate Bridge. Take the North Vancouver exit to Marine Drive, then left up Capilano Road for 5 km (3.1 miles).
The average time is somewhere in the 50 minute range for men and for women just over an hour. Just for fun for those of you interested in top times here they are:
My top time was 51 minutes.