Major road closures are planned for Saturday as thousands of cyclists ride through Vancouver, the North Shore, and up to Whistler between 5:30 am and 4:30 pm.
The speed limit on many parts of Highway 99 will be reduced to 60 km/h and drivers are advised to reroute.
Here all of the closures you can expect on Saturday:
- Stanley Park Causeway and Lions Gate Bridge will be closed to northbound traffic from 5:30 to 8 am.
- Stanley Park Drive from Georgia Street will be closed from 5:30 to 8 am.
- Westbound Marine Drive in North Vancouver will be closed between Capilano Road and Taylor Way from 5:30 to 8 am.
- Marine Drive and Taylor Way intersection in West Vancouver will be intermittently closed from 5:30 to 10 am.
- Eastbound lanes on Highway 1 will be closed between Taylor Way and Horseshoe Bay from 5:30 to 10 am.
- Reduced speeds along Cypress Bowl Road in West Vancouver from 6 to 8:30 am
- Highway 1 westbound at Exit Two will be rerouted to Horseshoe Bay Drive from 5:30 to 11 am.
- Horseshoe Bay traffic will be rerouted to Marine Drive from 5:30 to 10:30 am
- Eastbound heavy truck traffic on Highway 99 in Horseshoe Bay will be redirected to a temporary storage facility in Horseshoe Bay from 5:30 to 9 am.
- Southbound Highway 99 traffic will be re-routed at Pasco Road exit via Horseshoe Bay Drive to Marine Drive in West Vancouver from 5:30 to 11 am.
Sea to Sky Highway
- Counterflow traffic adjacent to cyclists in effect with one lane north bound and one lane southbound available for drivers. Single lane alternating traffic for 1.3 km from 7:15 to 11 am.
- Local Furry Creek traffic will be rerouted to internal roads to access Highway 99 in both directions from 7:15 to 11:30 am.
- For one kilometre at Britannia Beach, single lane, alternating traffic will be in effect with no northbound right turns allowed at Main Street from 7:30 am to noon.
- From Murrin Lake Park to Squamish, traffic signals will be flashing with traffic control people on site.
- Traffic signals will be flashing at Cleveland Avenue and Loggers Lane along Highway 99, and there will be no traffic allowed on Loggers Lane from Highway 99 at Cleveland Avenue or Industrial Way. Drivers should use the Centennial Way underpass to Loggers Lane from 8 am to 12:30 pm.
- from Valley drive to Depot Road, traffic signals will be flashing and traffic movements will be restricted or closed. Scott Crescent northbound, Mamquam Road westbound, Garibaldi Way westbound, and Depot Road westbound will have intermittent delays from 8 to 8:30 am, full closures from 8:30 to 10:30 am, and intermittent delays again from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Alice Road to Function Junction will see counterflow traffic adjacent to cyclists. There will be one northbound and one southbound lane for drivers from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- From Function Junction to Village Gate Boulevard, lights will be flashing and traffice will be stopped intermittently at the entrances and exits to certain areas in Whistler. Major delays should be expected driving exiting and entering the east side of Highway 99.
- Alta Lake Road will be available as an alternate route to Highway 99.
- Blackcomb Way West is closed in both directions.
- Village Gate Boulevard will be closed to Highway 99 traffic in both directions.
- Lorimer Road and Whistler Way are alternate routs to Village Gate.
- Whistler Northlands Boulevard at Village Gate will have flashing traffic signals with traffic control people on site from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.