Students and recent graduates often struggle to answer the same question – “What’s my next step?” Understanding your own unique interests and career options can be difficult without the right support and knowledge.
GradusTalks is helping grads answer this question with its specially themed panel events via GradusOne. The platform provides valuable advice that connects you to industry experts, guiding you toward your next step.
GradusTalks Education brings together leaders from the education industry to give aspiring educators insight into their personal experiences and industry changes.
Individuals interested in entering this industry have options to specialize in various disciplines including early childhood learning, higher education, international education, special education and more. Each institution also relies on a support system with professionals ranging from administrators to finance to counsellors, demonstrating the truly diverse nature of this industry.
The panel will be hosted at Vancouver’s leading startup hub, Launch Academy. GradusTalks attendees will have the opportunity to meet other aspiring educators along with panelists including:
- Natacha Beim, CEO and Founder, CEFA Early Learning Schools
- Sunita Padda, Founder, TableSmarts and Teacher, New Westminster School District
- Nello Angerilli, International Development Projects, University of Waterloo
- Brigitte Patenaude, Counsellor, Windermere Secondary School
- Meguido Zola, Professor, Faculty of Education, Simon Fraser University and Life Coach
- Moderator: Harman Phander, Surrey School Teacher and Vice-Chair, Burnaby Board of Education
Event: GradusTalks panel at Launch Academy
When: Wednesday, February 4, doors open at 6 p.m. with the panel starting at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Launch Academy, 128 West Hastings Street #300, Vancouver
Tickets: Available at www.picatic.com/education – use the code GradusBuzz for $15 tickets
GradusOne enables students, recent graduates and young professionals to discover their career interests and opportunities through initiatives such as coaching, access to personalized resources, firsthand career experience and advice from industry professionals. GradusTalks are monthly industry panels that provide attendees with valuable career advice and insight.