There are many perks to renting a home or apartment; it provides freedom, choice and mobility. It’s becoming more of the norm than the exception but even renting has risks that most people don’t think about. Things happen that are out of you control; that’s where BCAA’s Renters Insurance comes in, ensuring that you are protecting yourself.
Whether you rent or own, you need insurance; accidents happen, you can’t predict them or control them. If you rent, your landlords insurance does not provide you coverage. Renters insurance will help you replace your everyday essentials, favourite belongings and everything in-between due to theft, fire, water damage and more.
For the cost of only half a tank of gas each month is it worth knowing your belongings and financial future are covered?
Did you know?
- On average, a two bedroom apartment contains $60,000 worth of goods
- The average water damage claim costs over $15,000
- 30,000 homes in B.C. are affected by break-ins every year
- Most break-ins take a mere 12 minutes and typically happen between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- The average wardrobe costs $20,000 to replace
What does Renters Insurance cover you and your belongings from?
- Smoke, fire, explosion or lightening damage
- Falling objects
- Wind storm or hail, weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Theft, vandalism or riots
- Water damage (from a water main inside your home)
- Liability (if someone gets hurts in your home and sues or if you accidently cause damage to another person or property while you are out)
Between March 4 and April 6, anyone who requests a Renters Insurance quote online will be entered to win a month of free rent (maximum value of $2,000).
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.