Only in Vancouver can one get paid to be a hipster. Here is a Craigslist ad looking for Hipster Randy. As comedian Aziz Ansari would say, I guess there is no more free Randy.
Here is the Craigslist ad:
Our high profile client is looking for a professional and responsible brand ambassador “Randy”. This is a contract position with castings held on October 21 and starting on October 28 to the end of December. Castings will be held downtown Vancouver.
Here’s a description of Randy:
Randy is an outgoing, mature individual who’s the life of the party. He’s charming, witty, and creative. Some of his interests could include indie music, blogging, and movies. He’s stylish and shops at unconventional places such as vintage stores and thrift shops. He’s into independent culture and prides himself on this. His hobbies could include blogging, attending concerts, and watching movies.
If you are professional and responsible and see yourself playing this role or even better if this is you, we encourage you to apply.
1. Must be professional and responsible
2. Available 4 days a week (weekends included)
3. Tech and social media savvy
4. Class 5 license- must have a clean driving abstract
5. Serving it right certification
6. Knowledge of Vancouver hipster scene
1. Manage social media outreach (Twitter and Instagram) and development in order to attract customers
2. Maintain constant communication with client
3. Create a network and following for the brand and product
4. Give out samples during events
Vehicle provided, and gas reimbursed
Being a brand ambassador for a major brand
How to Apply:
Submit a bit about you, why you think you would be right for the position, a recent photo of yourself, and your resume. How you submit is up to you, but we encourage you to be creative and apply in a way that sets yourself apart from the rest of the applicants.