On Saturday, September 13, Scotiabank Dance Centre is hosting free dance lessons during their annual Open House.
From contemporary and flamenco to bellydance and swing, the annual Scotiabank Dance Centre Open House offers the chance to sample a host of dance styles in a day of free open classes, studio showings and events.
Participating companies and artists include Shay Kuebler/Radical System Arts, Kinesis Dance somatheatro, Karen Flamenco, TomoeArts and a diverse selection of local dance artists and companies working across many different dance traditions.
Schedule of Events
- 11am-12pm: Ballet Fit
- 11am-12pm: Demonstration/Workshop: nihon buyoh – Japanese classical dance
- 11am-12.30pm: Lecture/Workshop: Healthy Dancer Canada
- 12pm-1pm: Flamenco
- 12pm-1pm: Contemporary dance
- 12pm–1:30pm: Classical Ballet
- 12:30–1:30pm: Studio Showing: Butoh
- 1pm-2pm: Nia
- 1pm-2pm: Contemporary dance
- 1pm-2pm: Middle Eastern Dance
- 2pm-3pm: Studio Showing: Glory
- 2pm-3pm: Afro-Cuban
- 2pm-3pm: Pow-Wow
- 3pm-4pm Studio Showing: things near and far
- 3pm-4pm: Ukrainian Folk Dance
- 3pm-4pm: Hip Hop
- 4pm-5pm: Showing/Discussion: Project CPR
- 4pm-5pm: Swing Dance
- 4pm-5.30pm: Workshop: Dance Out Loud
For class descriptions and full details, check out the program here.