Free dance lessons are returning to Robson Square on June 24 and will run every Friday until September 2.
The lessons are suitable for beginners or pros who are looking to freshen up on the basics. No dance experience is required – you don’t even need to bring a partner. Just show up ready to dance the night away.
From tango, to ballroom, to rumba, every Friday brings a different style of dance to the mix.
Here’s how a typical night looks:
- 7:30 pm: Music starts for general dancing
- 8 pm: Free dance lessons with instructors
- 8:45 pm: General dancing
- 9 pm: Showcase demos
- 9:25 pm: General dancing
- 10 pm: Showcase demos
- 10:25 pm: General dancing
- 11:30 pm: Last waltz
This summertime ritual has been put on by DanceSport BC since 1991.
Here’s the full schedule for June, July, and August:
June / July
- June 24: Rumba with Oksana Latynina
- July 1: Cha Cha with Faye Hung
- July 8: Waltz with Zillon Wong
- July 15: West Coast Swing with Myles and Tessa
- July 22: Quickstep with Michel Guimond
- July 29: Tango with Joel and Clara
- August 5: East Coast Swing with Barney and Lucy
- August 12: Samba with Joel and Clara
- August 19: American Hustle with Dale Neale
- August 26: Jive with Murray Schellenberg
- September 2: Viennese Waltz with Dave Marasigan
When: Every Friday from June 24 to September 2; 7:30 to 11:30 pm
Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver