FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Oh Canada, jazz style. After the successful transformation of downtown’s North Georgia Plaza last weekend, the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival returns with one final musical bang, this sunny long weekend.
Daily Hive has your last-minute guide to free concerts this weekend. On Saturday July 1, head on over to Granville Island for four stages of all-day fun.
Then, for one last hurrah on Sunday July 2, set your blankets down in Yaletown for some great bands between two alternating stages.
Free Concerts at Granville Island (July 1)
Celebrate Canada Day on July 1 with all-day free outdoor concerts, along with the rest of the island’s usual festivities. From the Official Canada Day Ceremony to Canadian-themed Improv to the Maple Leaf Mural, the entire island is in on the fun. You can even indulge in a special Canada Day treat at the ever-popular Lee’s Donuts.
- Lan Tung’s Proliferasian featuring Xiaofen Min (noon)
- Sharon Minemoto (2 pm)
- Hyper Plus Trio featuring Francois Houle (3:45 pm)
- “The Newest Sound” a Tribute to Jeanne Lee (5:30 pm)
- Simon Millard Quintet (7:30 pm)
- Neil Cowley Trio (9:30 pm)
Public Market Stage
- The Burying Ground (noon)
Railspur District Stage
- Jared Currows Sextet (12:30 pm)
- The Rubber Band (3 pm)
- Cabriel Palatchi Trio (5:30 pm)
- Rich Hope and His Evil Doers (8 pm)
Ron Basford Park Stage
- Jen Hodge All Stars (noon)
- Curtis Andrews (2:30 pm)
- Black Gardenia featuring Daphne Roubini (5 pm)
The full schedule of Canada Day Long Weekend concerts can be found on the Coastal Jazz website.
Free Concerts in Yaletown (July 2)
The 32nd annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival finishes with a bang over two stages in Yaletown. Relax in the green at David Lam Park, or cool off in the Exhibition Hall at the Roundhouse Community Centre – all the while taking in some great bands and artists.
David Lam Park Main
- TD High School Jazz Intensive with Tomeka Reid (11:58 am)
- Malcom Aiken & New Features (1:45 pm)
- Haram with Special Guest Fredrik Ljungvist (5:15 pm)
- Horsepowar (7 pm)
- Royal Canoe (8:45 pm)
Roundhouse – Exhibition Hall
- Gavin Youngash Trio (noon)
- Greasy G and the Poole Party featuring Jakito (3:00 pm)
- Paco Renteria (3:30 pm)
- Elaschuk / Styffe / Coon / Holy (6 pm)
Proudly celebrating its 32nd year, the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival launched over 300 shows across the city from June 22 to July 2. For more information, check out the full lineup of concerts over at Coastal Jazz.