From coast to coast Canada’s culinary scene is thriving. In this weekly column, we round up the biggest food-focused stories from across the country each week.
See what your fellow Canadians are hungry for right here:
- Toronto isn’t the only Canadian city that’s trying to bring beer to public greenspaces. A Vancouver City Council candidate has launched a petition to legalize drinking alcohol in our city’s public parks and beaches.
- Vancouver has gone cute crazy! Sugarfina has launched a limited edition collaboration with Sanrio and the wait list to get some of the Hello Kitty inspired treats is 100+ people long in Vancouver. The limited edition sweets are also available for purchase nationwide online.
- The Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is still going strong two decades since its inception. The food fest featuring the best of local food and drinks is back for two days in October.
- Montreal just got a new pierogarnia serving Polish dumplings, schnitzel sandwiches, and more.
- Montreal continues its tradition of serving up a Wizard’s Brunch with “He who must not be named” in attendance.
- Judy Chicago’s seminal artwork is the inspiration behind The Dinner Party happening in Toronto next month. Esteem female chefs will helm the kitchen for a multicourse feast while their male peers wait tables.