From coast to coast Canada’s culinary scene is thriving. In this weekly column, we round up the biggest food-focused stories from across the country each week.
See what your fellow Canadians are hungry for right here:
- A Vancouver doughnut shop got a pretty cool celebrity endorsement this week. Of course, our hearts will always go on for Deep Cove’s Honey Doughnuts.
- In Canadian success stories this week, a Vancouver-based coffee leaf tea company is making a big push south by expanding its reach to over 300 stores in the US.
- A Calgary bar launched a two-month-long pop-up series this week showcasing local photographers, artisans, and designers over cocktails at happy hour.
- Montreal celebrates the last weekend of summer with a FREE Galette festival. The pancake-driven day trip takes place just 40 minutes from the city.
- A Toronto-born board game cafe has launched a RISK-like campaign for global domination. Expect franchises forthcoming across North America with the first opening in 2018 in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Founded in in 1864 during Qing Dynasty, this Chinese chain restaurant is older than Canada itself. The first Canadian outpost opened in Toronto this week.
- This week in food news from across Canada: September 2 to 8
- This week in food news from across Canada: August 26 to September 1
- This week in food news from across Canada: August 19 to 25