From coast to coast Canada’s culinary scene is thriving. In this weekly column, we round up the biggest food news from across the country each week.
See what your fellow Canadians are hungry for right here:
- The edible raw cookie dough craze finally arrives in the Vancouver area… to which we say, it’s about time!
- Vancouver is now proudly home to a ‘meat mecca.’ The Shop, the highly-anticipated Two Rivers Specialty Meats is newly open in North Vancouver.
- Calgary’s first Rec Room is now open joining Canada-wide locations already operating in Edmonton and Toronto. The new spot boasts a total of 80 tv screens, more than 100 arcade games, a virtual reality room, and 16 beers on tap.
- One of the largest sports bars in Canada is now open in Montreal. 1909 Taverne Moderne, the massive 25,714 square-foot restaurant situated in Tour des Canadiens opened its doors this week just in time for the Canadiens’ home opener.
- Sweet Jesus, Toronto’s epic ice cream purveyor is aggressively expanding with locations coming soon to practically every major mall in the GTA.
- Toronto is getting an all-new vegan taco delivery service. AND the concept could eventually make its way across Canada, Fake Taco chef and owner Aminah Haghighi shared in an email with Daily Hive “Anywhere foodora expands to creates the perfect opportunity for us to expand across the country.”