The fog is back.
So much so that Environment Canada has issued an advisory due to near zero visibility occurring over some areas.
“Moisture trapped under a strong temperature inversion will continue to give fog and areas of poor visibility until at least mid morning. The fog is forecast to dissipate later this morning as a Pacific frontal system approaches the coast,” Environment Canada says.
If travelling, they warn that motorists should be prepared for areas of near-zero visibility.
The Fog advisory is in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
The fog is expected to clear by afternoon, making way for rain… and a lot of it over the coming days.
But hey, at least it’s not snow.
Welcome back, Fogcouver.