Just because the holidays are over doesn’t mean you have to say good-bye to that sweet treat you crave.
With this Six-Ingredient Flourless Almond Butter Cookie you can still get that fix without the guilt – even for those of us with healthier new year’s resolutions.
These cookies are – dare I say it for over-exaggeration – pillowy soft bites of flourless heaven. Even for those of us who can tolerate gluten or wheat these would be a healthier and lighter version of your favourite cookies without the heavy ingredient list that slows you down.
After eating an array of goodies over the holidays I can understand that we’re all on the track back to healthy eating – but nobody’s perfect. So when the craving kicks in for something sweet try making a batch of these cookies instead of the usual. You can swap peanut butter if you like too – just make sure it’s natural and not creamy or whipped (they have lots of confectioners sugar and other unnecessary ingredients). With only a few simple ingredients you can feel better about snacking on one…or two.
I say they are pillowy-soft because they are. The outside is almost like a meringue, light and shiny with a dense chewy center reminiscent of a macaroon. You could even leave out the chocolate and add-in chopped almonds or nuts. You can skip the sea-salt too if you like. They are amazing both straight out of the oven, or the next day when the chocolate has hardened and had time to rest.
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies (6-Ingredients)
Makes: 20 cookies
- 1 Cup Natural Almond Butter (oil stirred in/combined well)
- 1/3 Cup Liquid Honey, slightly warmed (about 20-30 seconds in the microwave)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dark Chocolate
- Sea Salt (optional)
- 20 Almonds (optional)
Pre-Heat oven to 350 Degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat (strongly suggested).
- In a stand mixer combine Almond Butter and Honey with Egg. Beat until combined, scraping down bowl.
- Add in Baking Soda – continue to mix two to three minutes on medium-low. The dough will begin to thicken, it will be sticky.
- Mix in by hand with spatula the Chopped Dark Chocolate, and/or chopped nuts.
- Scoop and drop using small ice-cream scoop or teaspoon onto baking sheet about two inches apart – they will be more of a free-form cookie in a slight ball shape. You only want a small amount of batter as they will puff/spread. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired, and top with an almond.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until browned, they will puff up. Cool on baking sheet.
- Eat immediately, without guilt.
Original recipe found here