One of the latest apps to launch out of Vancouver, Flook is changing the way we buy and sell items online in B.C. The app by Kijijii is bridging the gap from a classified ads platform and social media platform to further mobilize the marketplace.
Posting an ad through Flook is extremely easy: users can add up to eight shots per item or use the video feature built into the app. Once you’ve added your photos, add a title, description, price, contact and hit the post option and voila – your item is on Flook.
To create your Flook account, sign up with your email address and password or Facebook login. Flook users can then post items independently or as a business, as well as peruse categorized items within the app. You can also cater the app to your needs as both a buyer and a seller. The app has a following option so you can keep up to date on your favourite brands, stores or other Flook users updated items.
Part of what makes Flook so appealing is the “Nearby” feature of the app. The app is geo-localized and a great way for Vancouverites to locate items in their neighbourhood. Users can connect with other Flook users to find out more background information about the item, purchasing information and more, all with the in-app messaging system.
For a chance to win an Apple Watch courtesy of Flook, simply do the following steps:
2. Take a screen shot of the app open on your device
3. Post the image on Twitter or Instagram with the following message:
- I want to win an Apple Watch from @FlookVan & @VancityBuzz [link to screenshot] http://ow.ly/PRrVw
- Checking out the new app @FlookVan to win an Apple Watch from @VancityBuzz [link to screenshot] http://ow.ly/PRrVw
For a bonus chances to win, upload a screenshot of an item on Flook that you like to Twitter or Instagram with the following message:
- I’m loving this [item] on @FlookVan. Win an Apple Watch from #Flook and @VancityBuzz [link to screenshot] http://ow.ly/PRrVw
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on July 27, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.