When I think of exercise, I usually think of yoga pants. Not because this is Vancouver, but if I exercise, I would like to be in attire that allows me to stretch and not feel constricted by the clothes I wear. That’s normal, right?
Now imagine going to yoga, and seeing the person in front of you wearing jeans. Two or more thoughts would probably flood your mind, but it can be nicely placed into two different categories: either you think the person is insane or that they’re so hip, it’s pretty rad. #hipster
Dish Jeans founders Gary Lenett and Steven Sal Debus have spent a year of research to take the best technical fabrics and create what is known as high performance denim. What does that mean?
That probably means the yogi wearing jeans is one step ahead of you in making exercise look fashionable. Imagine jeans that fit and move and stretch like yoga pants, and no, don’t get these confused with jeggings.
Is DU/ER different?
1. Super Flexible – 5 times the mobility of traditional denim.
2. Ultra Light & Strong – 30% lighter and 30% stronger than traditional denim.
3. Temperature Control – technical fibers infused in the fabric that keep you cool when it’s hot and warm when it’s cold.
4. Invisible Seat Gusset – built into the crotch that ensures maximum maneuverability where you need it most.
5. Radiation Shield Pocketing – protects you from exposure to cellphone radiation.
“We’ve created performance denim that adjusts your body temperature to its changes in movement or the environment. No matter what activity you’re doing, your jeans will adapt, wick sweat away, and keep you comfortable, dry, and feeling good.”
Of course, wearing jeans to exercise isn’t for everyone, but hey, if it fits like comfy yoga pants, why not turn some heads?
Images: Dish Jeans