TEDxVancouver has announced the final two speakers for their upcoming event this Saturday, October 18.
This fifth installment of the popular informative and inspirational event is the largest TEDx event in Vancouver’s history.
Joining the already-impressive roster of presenters will be:
- Lesley Kim – Lesley’s life changed forever on October 31, 2013 after a firecracker struck her in the face and resulted in the enucleation of her left eye. Within weeks of her accident she organized Spectacle, a gala that raised over $130,000 for Seva Canada, an organization that educates blindness prevention and provides cataract surgeries in developing countries. Her story has found national reach, and beyond, and continues to inspire others to give back and focus on the positive in any situation.
- Keith Elwood – A geographer by nature and training, Keith grew up with a love of maps and their use in the real world. He has served as a Senior Geographer with the US Bureau of the Census and has been lost on three continents, and yet always managed to find himself with the help of a singular passion for navigation and wayfinding in everyday environments. It’s a passion that is increasingly intersecting with emerging technology with unintended consequences.
Kim and Ellwood are joining this group of TEDxVancouver speakers:
- Victor Chan, 40-year friendship with the Dalai Lama; he will be hosting the Dalai Lama two days after the TEDxVancouver event
- Jay DeMerit, former captain of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Treana Peake, Obakki Foundation
- Jessica O’Reilly, sexologist, author and PlayboyTV host
- Jennifer Gardy, Senior Scientist in Molecular Epidemiology at the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control
- Peter Gregson, award-winning cellist and musical pioneer
- Charles Montgomery, award-winning author and urban experimentalist
- Chip Wilson, founder of lululemon
- Dr. Terry Pearson, professor, medical industry entrepreneur, and disease diagnosis specialist
- Jeff Mudgett, former lawyer and business entrepreneur who put his career aside to seek the truth about a deep, dark family secret
- Coleen Christie, CTV news anchor
Vancity Buzz is a proud media sponsor of TEDxVancouver