Father’s Day is coming up fast, and we’ve got the rundown of fun activities and events for the most important men in our lives! Here are 25 things to do with dad in Vancouver this Father’s Day.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club invites families across the Lower Mainland to its annual Father’s Day Catch at the iconic Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium. Families can enjoy dad’s special day by warming up the field for the team’s home opener on June 20 with a good old fashioned game of catch.
- Where: Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium, 4601 Ontario Street, Vancouver, (Entrance to this event will be along the third base side of the stadium.)
- When: Sunday, June 18 between 1 and 3 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Car Free Day celebrates the vibrancy of Vancouver’s diverse neighbourhoods by organizing a multi-site annual arts and culture festival that reclaims traffic thoroughfares as community focused public spaces. This allows artists, local residents, performers, artisans, non-profits, and businesses to interact, engage, and re-imagine spaces normally reserved for vehicle traffic.
- Where: Main Street from Broadway to 30th
- When: June 18 from noon to 7 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Try your luck at catching rainbow trout at Rice Lake. Enjoy a BBQ, exhibits, face painting and other festivities. Catch the shuttle to visit the dam and fish hatchery and explore the Seymour Valley.
- Where: Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve. Meet at Rice Lake Gate – 4900 Lillooet Road, North Vancouver
- When: June 18 from 10 am to 3 pm
- Cost: Free activities. BBQ $10 per plate. Proceeds go to Seymour Salmonid Society.
- What: For rollerskaters who want to get together and skate in a fun, low-pressure setting. Think classic roller rink vibes: big hair, short shorts, long socks, glitter. You’ll hear disco, funk, R&B and glam rock from the ’70s and ’80s heyday of the roller rink. Prizes for Best Costume, and all skills and wheels welcome!
- Where: Robson Square Ice Rink
- When: June 18 from 7 to 10 pm
- Admission: $7-$10
- What: Join Vancouver TheatreSports League on Father’s Day for SuperDad – a special show in celebration of a special guy – your dad. The SuperDad Show pokes fun at all the foibles and complexities of what it means to be a father today.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver
- When: June 18 at 2 pm
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: The longest miniature railway in Canada, with more than 3 km of track, and 11 steam, diesel and electric trains.
- Where: Burnaby Central Railway – Confederation Park – 120 North Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
- When: Every Saturday, Sunday and Stat Holiday from 11 am to 5 pm, April 14 to October 9
- Cost: $3.50 per single ride ticket, $30 for 10 passes
- What: Whether you’re a video-gamer or a boardgame enthusiast, the event will be a mecca for gamers with 32-hours of non-stop action alongside topical workshops, panel discussions, and even a spot of LARPing.
- Where: Sheraton Hotel Guildford – 5269 104 Ave, Surrey
- When: June 17 to 18, 10 am to 6 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10-$40
- What: Celebrate Greek music – and Greek snacks – in the heart of Vancouver’s Greek neighbourhood. Featuring George Yioldassis (Yiorgos), a Greek bouzouki player who has collaborated with many local musicians, played at many Greek Day festivals, participated in music lectures / performances and continues to promote traditional Greek bouzouki rembetiki and laiki music in an enchanting acoustic instrumental landscape.
- Where: Simpatico Restaurant – 2222 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: June 18 at 6 pm
- Cost: Free admission
- What: A walk/run to raise awareness and funds in the fight against prostate cancer -from helping people facing the disease in the community to ensuring this cancer is a thing of the past for future generations.
- Where: Burnaby Lake Rowing Pavilion – 6871 Roberts Street, Burnaby
- When: June 18 at 9:30 am
- Registration: Online
- What: A free family-friendly day of fishy fun and prizes during BC’s free fishing weekend – when anglers can fish BC’s waters without a licence. The Lake is stocked for the day and volunteers are available to teach fishing techniques.
- Where: Lafarge Lake – Town Centre Park, Coquitlam
- When: June 18
- Cost: Free
- What: Easy Star Records artists The Skints from London, England team-up with Hawaii’s reggae sensation Mike Love. Both bands are playing in support of their appearances at Victoria’s 18th Annual Ska & Reggae Festival the day before the concert.
- Where: Rickshaw Theatre – 254 East Hastings, Vancouver
- When: June 18 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $17.50-$22
- What: An intimate shopping event for everyone in Fort Langley. Each vendor is one of BC’s amazing artisan community.
- Where: Fort Langley Lions Seniors Hall – 23022-88 Avenue, Fort Langley
- When: June 18 from 10 am to 5 pm
- Admission: Free
- What: National Garden Days is a Canada-wide event designed to celebrate gardens across the country. Bring your family and friends to tour the Garden.
- Where: UBC Botanical Garden
- When: June 16 to 18 at 9:30 am
- Price: Admission to the Garden is 2-for-1* and admission to the Greenheart TreeWalk is half-price all weekend long.
- What: A fun multicultural event for the whole family. Try real Borscht, Blinchiki, and Bigus while enjoying live performances and browsing the all day Fair Market.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleils – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: June 18 from 12 to 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15
- What: Take Dad out for a memorable date at Historic Stewart Farm. Bring the whole family for locomotive fun, featuring the Greater Vancouver Garden Railway Club and their display model trains, train rides courtesy of the Pacific Trackless Trains, sack races with Dad on the lawn, baked treats made on the wood burning stove in the farmhouse kitchen and more.
- Where: Historic Stewart Farm – 13723 Crescent Road, Surrey
- When: June 18 from 11 am to 4 pm
- Cost: Free
Father’s Day Brunch or Dinner at Joe Fortes
- What: Brunch or Dinner at Joe Fortes includes dishes like Chicken & Waffles, Sirloin Steak & Eggs, French Toast and more, along with and awesome steak program – all steaks are AAA Canadian Beef and aged a minimum of 28 days.
- When: June 18; brunch service begins at 10 am, dinner services begins at 4 pm
- Where: Joe Fortes, 777 Thurlow Street, Vancouver
Father’s Day Brunch at Jules Bistro
- What: Brunch at Jules Bistro on Father’s Day means dad gets a complimentary negroni upon arrival. The brunch menu here offers a selection of items like fresh baked mini butter croissants, a breakfast cassoulet, quiche, and an authentic croque monsieur or madame.
- When: June 18; brunch service is from 11:30 am to 2 pm
- Where: Jules Bistro, 216 Abbott Street, Vancouver
Father’s Day Brunch or Dinner at Homer St. Cafe & Bar
- What: Brunch or dinner at Homer St. includes stellar dishes up for order like a Beef Brisket Hash for the mid-morning meal, and a Smoked Beef Ribs with a fennel and potato salad for supper.
- When: June 18; brunch service is from 10:30 am to 2 pm and dinner service is 5 to 11 pm
- Where: Homer St. Cafe & Bar, 898 Homer Street, Vancouver
Father’s Day Brunch or Dinner at Tableau Bar Bistro
- What: Brunch or dinner at Tableau includes dishes like the Chorizo Omelet with a Pepper Hash (which of course, should be paired with this spot’s signature Bacon Caesar), and for dinner patrons can opt for a Tomahawk Steak alongside bacon and cheddar gratin.
- When: June 18; brunch service is from 10:30 am to 2 pm, and dinner service is from 5:30 to 10 pm
- Where: Tableau Bar Bistro, 1181 Melville Street, Vancouver
Father’s Day Prime Rib Dinner at The Flying Pig
- What: Father’s Day Prime Rib Dinner at The Flying Pig means slow roasted “AAA” prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and au jus ($30 per person)
- When: June 18
- Where: All 3 locations in Vancouver
Surf & Turf Sunday for Father’s Day Dinner at WildTale
- What: Surf & Turf Sunday for Father’s Day Dinner at WildTale features 28-day aged “AAA” beef, creamy mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and au jus, with the guests’ choice of one Caribbean Lobster Tail, Grilled Jumbo Prawn Skewer, Scallop Skewer a la Plancha, or Pan-Seared Prawn & Scallop Combo ($24.95 per person).
- When: June 18
- Where: WildTale, 1079 Mainland Street, Vancouver
Father’s Day Feast at H2 Rotisserie & Bar
- What: H2 Rotisserie & Bar is launching its Sunday Supper Series on June 18 with a Father’s Day Feast. This series will be featured every Sunday from 5:30 pm onward. The Father’s Day instalment of the feast will include H2’s signature cheesy bread, a full rotisserie chicken, and a dessert plate ($27 per person).
- When: June 18 at 5:30 pm
- Where: H2 Rotisserie & Bar in The Westin Bayshore, 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver
Father’s Day Brunch at TWG Tea
- What: TWG Tea Salon & Boutique will be offering their Signature Breakfast Set Menu and the Summer Set Menu over the Father’s Day weekend. Dads that attend this brunch will receive a complimentary box of TWG Tea Cotton Teabags specially for fathers.
- When: June 17 and 18 starting at 10 am
- Where: TWG Tea Salon & Boutique, 1070 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
Father’s Day Dinner at Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
- What: Boulevard will be offering some Father’s Day Dinner Specials like a Canadian Prime Porterhouse for Four ($65 per person), and the Dry Aged Heritage Pork Chop entrée ($48). Cocktails like the House Manhattan and Old Fashioned will also be on special for $10.
- When: June 18
- Where: Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar, 845 Burrard Street, Vancouver
Brunch or ‘Mangia Famiglia’ Dinner at Cibo Trattoria
- What: Enjoy brunch à la carte or opt for the ‘Mangia Famiglia’ Dinner at Cibo for Dad, which features a Roast Prime Rib Dinner Feast ($27 per person) served family-style with a platter of roasted and grilled vegetables with parmesan potatoes, or the three-course Mangia! Menu ($38 per person).
- When: June 18
- Where: Cibo Trattoria, 900 Seymour Street, Vancouver