Spice up your V-Day agenda with Forbidden Vancouver‘s hit walking tours Prohibition City and the Lost Souls of Gastown this Valentine’s weekend.
Prohibition City is an interactive walking tour that will immerse you and your honey into the city’s scandalous past. Explore a time of illegal drinking dens, sassy showgirls, and crooked cops.
The Lost Souls of Gastown is a trip back in time to Vancouver’s dark and gruesome early years where you can listen to tales of bawdy houses, smallpox, and violent saloon murders.
Valentine’s Day Vancouver walking tour
- When: Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14
- Start times: Prohibition City at 7 p.m., Lost Souls of Gastown at 8 p.m.
- Tour length: Each runs about 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Meeting place: Cathedral Square – corner of Richards and Dunsmuir, across The Holy Rosary Cathedral
- Cost: $25, $22 for seniors and students – book online
Both tours finish in Gastown, so there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from for your post-tour bottle of wine.
Secrets of the Penthouse
Keep the love alive all month and take your date to a special edition of Secrets of the Penthouse where you’ll learn about Vancouver’s murky underworld inside the most notorious venue in the city.
Owner Danny Filippone will lead you through the Penthouse accompanied by author Aaron Chapman and retired VPD officer Grant McDonald. With vivid recounts of 1950s Rat Pack Parties, vice squad busts, fire, and murder, this is bound to be the coolest history lesson you’ve ever had.
And this time around you’ll be doing it for a good cause as all proceeds go to support local charity Heritage Vancouver.
The night includes spaghetti dinner and a cabaret show.
- When: Wednesday, February 24
- Start times: 6:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m.
- Where: Penthouse Nightclub – 1019 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- Cost: $49 or $39 for Heritage Vancouver members – book online