Sunday has arrived! Spend the last day of the weekend doing something fun. From the Innovation150 kick off at Science World to the Lights at Lafarge, you won’t be disappointed with what Sunday has to offer.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Celebrate science at the Innovation150 kick off
- What: Get ready Vancouver! Over more than two weeks, Innovation Festival: Vancouver will bring together many of the city’s science and discovery centres and organizations to engage with you all across the city.
- Where: Various events around town, check website for details check website for details
- When: Friday, January 19 to Saturday, February 4
- Register: Online
Get sippin’ on sweetness at the Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival
- What: Taking place from January 17 to February 14, 2017, the Hot Chocolate Festival once again makes for a delectable countdown to the sweetest day of the year, Valentine’s Day, when a lot of us are definitely thinking about chocolate. The month-long event finds cafes, sweet shops, and restaurants around Vancouver serving up special cocoa-y creations.
- Where: Participating locations. See full list here.
- When: January 17 to February 14, 2017
Learn new recipes at Quick Healthy Bites: Plant-based, Wholesome, Delicious
- What: Learn how to make your own healthy & nutritious plant-based snacks that are not only quick and easy to prepare, but also taste absolutely delicious!
- Where: Field & Social – 415 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 22, from 2 to 3:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $95
Connect with community at Creative Neighbours Salon
- What: Connect with community members and learn more about arts programs in the city
- Where: MLA David Eby’s Community Office– 2909 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 22, from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: Free with registration on Eventbrite
Laugh out loud at the Vancouver TheatreSports’ Rookie League
- What: Vancouver TheatreSports’ rising stars take to The Improv Centre stage every Sunday night. The 90 minutes of improv will showcase the talent of these new players and prepare them for the bright lights of mainstage.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 22, at 8 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $8
Find wedding deals at The Original Bridal Swap
- What: Find something fabulous for your big day. Experience the thrill of the hunt, discover new craft artisans, and find your perfect wedding vendors.
- Where: Croatian Cultural Centre– 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 22, from 11:30 am to 3 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $25
Eat fresh at the Healthy Cooking Class: Whole, Plant-based, delicious
- What: Learn how to get a healthy start to 2017 in this plant-based cooking class.
- Where: Canadian School of Natural Nutrition– 2245 West Broadway Room 102, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 22, check online for updated start time
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $75-$500
Find your inner peace at Ninjitsu Sundays
- What: Ninjitsu is the ancient art of the ninja shadow warriors of Japan. Through the practice of Ninjitsu you’ll learn to move your body and mind in a more poetic way, through breath & traditional exercises.
- Where: Vital Health Medical Clinic Kitsilano – 1855 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, January 22, from 10:30 am to noon
- Register: On Eventbrite, free
Get some fresh produce at Hastings Park Farmers Market
- What: Find a great selection of local produce, fish, meat, dairy, artisan prepared foods, baked goods, local crafts, and food trucks.
- Where: Hastings Park Centregrounds– 2901 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm, January 8 to April 30
- Cost: Free
Don’t miss the last day of the Lights at Lafarge Lake
- What: See more than 100,000 twinkling lights light up Coquitlam’s Lafarge Lake, in a magical, free, outdoor display for visitors of all ages.
- When: Town Centre Park–1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
- When: Sunday, January 22, from dusk to 11 pm
- Cost: Free