Finally, Saturday has arrived!
From a Harry Potter movie marathon to delectable dishes being served at Dine Out Vancouver, we guarantee you won’t be bored today.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Saturday, January 21, 2017
Get magical at The Harry Potterthon Weekend
- What: Need a little magic in your life? Grab your spell books and your cloaks because the Harry Potterthon is coming to the Rio Theatre from January 21 to January 22.It will be a weekend filled with all things Potter, including costumes, drink specials, and magical surprises.Films 1-4 will be screening on January 21 followed by 5-8 on January 22.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 21 and Sunday, January 22, doors open at 11 am. Check website for full schedule.
- Tickets: Available online, and at the door. Check website for ticket pricing details
Be heard at the Women’s March on Washington comes to Vancouver
- What: On Saturday, January 21, hundreds of thousands of people are expected take to the streets across the world to make their voices heard on Donald Trump’s first full day in office.
- Where: Meet at Jack Poole Plaza – 1085 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 21, from 10 am to noon
- Register: On Facebook, all genders welcome, totally free
Laugh out loud at Vancouverite- HOT ART Wet City
- What: The worlds of art and comedy combine at HOT ART Wet City, with a variety of live shows that redefine what stand-up comedy is.
- Where: HOT ART Wet City — 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 21, at 8pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $7
- What: After a few sold-out nights in Vancouver two years ago, these male ballerinas are back to reinterpret ballet classics with great irrelevance. Get ready for saucy and fabulous versions of Swan Lake, La Esmeralda, and Don Quixote like you’ve never seen them before.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre — 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 21 at 8 pm
- Tickets: At Tickets Tonight, $29-$129
Eat fresh at Nat Bailey Stadium Farmers Market
- What: Find local produce, meat, seafood, artisan cheese, bread, herbs, baked goods, artisanal crafts, and more.
- Where: Nat Bailey Stadium – 4601 Ontario Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm, January 7 to April 22
Plan your big day at the Kits Wedding Show
- What: Are you an urban bride or groom trying to plan your dream wedding on a budget? If so, this show is for you!
- Where: 2305 W 7th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 21, from 10 am to 5 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10-$25
Find your zen at Qui Gong Saturdays
- What: Qi Gong is a gentle flowing movement class taught by master Hing Tse.
This is a class that everyone can participate in from youngsters to seniors. Hing will show you how to move your body for greater flexibility, balance and well-being. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes. All levels welcome.
- Where: Vital Health Medical Clinic Kitsilano – 1855 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Saturday mornings in January, from 9 to 10 am
- Price: Register for free on Eventbrite
Make delectable treats at Cooking Workshop- Party: Chocolate Truffles
- What: In chocolate truffle making workshop you will learn how to make the best chocolate truffles with a variety of flavours and toppings influenced by different cultures from all over the world.
- Where: Peretz Centre for Secular Jewish Culture – 6184 Ash Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, January 21 from 1 to 4 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $55-$99
Skate away at Robson Square Skating Rink
- What: The Robson Square Ice Rink, located in downtown Vancouver, is open until February 14. Skating is free with your own skates, otherwise, rentals are available. The rink also features a concession stand with snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Square, Vancouver
- When: The rink is open daily from 9 am to 9 pm Sunday to Thursday, and from 9 am to 11 pm Fridays and Saturdays, until February 14.
Get cozy at the Richmond Cuddle Party
- What: Wanna socialize? Fill your cuddle Tank? Practice clear communication? Many find it a cheerful environment to meet others. In an atmosphere that’s nurturing and fun. And you decide with whom and how to cuddle. Including the option to not cuddle at all but socialize, relax.
- Where: #307-6451 Minoru Blvd (buzz #7224), Richmond
- When: Saturday, January 21 from 6 to 9 pm
- Price: Free with registration on Eventbrite, donation recommended at the door
Taste what the city has to offer at Dine Out Vancouver
- What: This annual festival is back with a full 17-day schedule of delicious events and unique culinary experiences for diners. Activities include brunch crawls, cocktail masterclasses, wine debates, guest chef dinners, and street food markets.
- Where: All around Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 20 to Sunday, February 5
- Tickets: Individual event ticket details and prices here