After a string of weather warnings last week, it appears Vancouver could receive its own taste of winter on Tuesday.
Environment Canada has issued a special wet snow weather statement for inland and higher terrain areas tomorrow.
The alert is in effect for the following areas:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
“An approaching Pacific frontal system will spread precipitation over Metro Vancouver on Tuesday. The cool airmass currently over the South Coast means that snow levels are low enough that rain will likely mixed with snow over higher terrain and inland locations,” said Environment Canada.
The weather agency says snow levels are forecast to rise Tuesday night, and then rain will take over for the rest of the week.