Environment Canada has issued a rainfall warning for the Metro Vancouver region as heavy rain is expected throughout the day.
According to the weather agency, the warning applies to:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
“A Pacific frontal system will continue to give heavy rain to Metro Vancouver this morning as a Pacific frontal system moves across the south coast. The rain is forecast to ease to showers this afternoon,” notes Environment Canada.
- See also:
“A low pressure system will give a further 10 to 20 mm of rain tonight.”
The seven-day forecast also shows the first few days of 2021 will see nothing but rain, with daytime temperatures averaging around 8°C.