Residents and visitors to the Fraser Valley today being warned to prepare for heavy rainfall, – as well as localized flooding in some areas – throughout today and into tomorrow morning.
- Sunshine and showers expected for Vancouver's Easter long weekend
- BC Ferries plans to sell wine and beer onboard this summer
- Feds extend Trans Mountain Pipeline decision deadline into summer
According to Environment Canada the rain over the region today will continue right through until tomorrow and accumulations of between 40 to 70 mm are expected.
The rainfall warning applies to a number of areas, which include:
- Fraser Valley – central including Chilliwack
- Fraser Valley – east including Hope
- Fraser Valley – west including Abbotsford
Areas in the western Fraser Valley, such as Mission, “will receive the heaviest amounts.”
The weather agency says the cause of the heavy rain is a slow moving frontal system across the region.
“Rain will intensify over the Fraser Valley tonight before tapering off Friday morning,” it adds.
The weather is expected to be a mix of sunshine and showers heading into the Easter long weekend.